Do you have a dream, your ultimate goal? If you don’t, have you already achieved all you could?
If you want to succeed but don’t have a clear goal, you’re running the infinite race. Every time you finish a lap another one is added because you don’t know what you’re running towards. If you want to achieve more, can you define what “more” exactly mean to you?
- Is it more money? How much and by when?
- Is it fame? What would you like to be famous for and among what groups?
- Is it happiness? What does happiness mean to you?
Jim Rohn talks about the two ways you can face the future.
- With Apprehension
- With Anticipation
If you don’t have a clear goal, you are anticipating. And you have to accept (gracefully) whatever the universe will let you have. There is nothing wrong with this if you consciously want this. Don’t let anyone tell you that your way of life is not good enough. If you are happy where you are that’s all that matters.
If you want more in life, anticipation won’t take you very far. Apprehension is the key.
Apprehension of the future entirely depends on your ability to design it. You have to own up and create the outcomes of your life. You choose what you want to achieve, and what you want to be and then do whatever it takes to be successful.
How do you design the future?
- You set goals and achieve them.
- You don’t sell out on your dream.
- You don’t compromise your values.
- You reflect on your progress everyday.